Thursday 11 April 2013

GOD has No Religion .







I am born in a typical Brahmin family. Since my childhood days, I witnessed lots of ritual for Hindu GODs and performed. I have been taught lots of stories related to Hindu mythology .At our home we have too many Picture and Statue of GOD and Goddesses , My mom used to told me that GOD always watch us , when we do something bad he gets disappointed . In those days I might not even knowing what is good and what is bad .I define bad by observing what make my mother ,father and teacher  angry rest all is good . If I don’t eat properly mother is angry , If I didn’t complete my homework my teacher angry , when somebody come with a complain that I fought with their Child my Father becomes angry . So basically there are only three bad things that may disappoint all the GODs who had only job to keep an eye on me. I was so convinced with this story that there used to be a very beautiful statue of GODESS Durga at our home. When I do some good thing and I look at that statue and it seems that She is happy and smiling and when I do some bad then I she her nor smiling face. After so many years I learned that it was classical conditioning of my mind in that way .When  I was in school then I liked festivals only for one reason Holidays , I don’t have a single damn with the reason behind that festival Holika burnt or Ravna Killed or Jesus born or Prophet fought a war etc .As I grew up and started asking questions my faith in GOD started shaking.

 


As I entered teen age and started arguing and attempt to convince my parents that GOD is not fair, my father started to elaborate me the wisdom of GITA and Dharma. Dharma is a way of living for the inclusive happiness of mankind, Humanity. As teen age progressed the idea of religion and GOD to me become a mess. One side I saw all those people in half pant in morning shah keep on going about Hinduism with not respect of any other religion. They have destroyed Bari Masjid .They are not practicing what I have been taught by my father. Their all talk about Lord Rama, Ram Raja and Hindu Dharma was just talk / There action was not aligned with Dharma .In confused state of mind with respect to Dharma and GOD I moved on because those old three bad habit was still of more concern than GOD because now I was old enough to get punished by Mother, father and Teacher and those 5 stick in morning and couple of slap in evening were more terrible than not smiling statue of Goddess.





I precisely remember, I was in class 11th when Osama Bin laden attacked world trade centre, Terrorist attacked Indian parliament, Akshardham temple and lots of so many terrorist activities . In those days neither we have any internet connection nor I know how to use it. The only source where I learned about these terrorist activity of Islamic extremist through Hindi newspapers .I didn’t get the deep insight of it but one thing I have learned that This cannot be acceptable killing innocent people in the name of Jihad ( a War for religion ).

The more I interacted with outside world ,more I faced changes , success , failure, human behaviour , faith , betrayal , Joy , sorrow. More I started doubting on GOD /religion and all Idea of this.I attended so many religious gathering prayers, I went so many temple , talked more than a dozen so called expert of religion but never get why there are bad things happening , evils walking free with power , honest people suffering .




Some people say when you have any hitch in doing something that is against Dharma. Some people said the behaviour is dharma. One gentleman told me you are confused and too dumb to understand the logic behind the act of GOD. Yes I was confused about the dharma and religion because I Am convinced that there are innocent people suffering out there because some stupid dharma or stupid ritual in dharma. I am not convinced with the theory that acts defined by Dharma . Every act has a cause or reason, A murder of innocent man may be a sin , But murder of Kasab by that Jallad is not Sin. Murder of Osama Bin Laden by those American is not sin.

2 years back I came to Varanasi joined a management course in Benaras Hindu University. There were no better opportunities to understand and learn about Dharma than this 2 year time, the richest library of university blessed me to read whatever subject I want with tons of literature. They say everything happens, when it is supposed to happen .These two year has a very significant impact in my life and learning. While in confused mind of state with dharma and GOD I was going thought a disaster in my personal life. I was fighting with the things as they are turning around. I learned the most beautiful thing about life is that what never gets killed in a human is a spark to fight back with the things that are not there control.
I am feeling the pain, I am experiencing failure, I am experiencing unexpected my faith on Religion/GOD going in a wrong direction just denial of this idea.
I met couple of people who are very rational about this. I interacted with so many people on internet from across the Globe. I read their ideas, debated with them, some convinced me, I convinced some and I read tonnes of religious and rational text. I read Gita , couple of Upanishads, Pak Quran , Holy Bible and 1000 of webpages about their discussion. All thanks to Sourabh tiwary my junior in college and his facebook group.








I still have a belief that some body is up there.  He is creator and controller of this all and controlling this all interconnected human and natural matrix. I don’t have any faith in the way of worships rituals, Religion talks.

Questions are still unanswered – IF there is GOD then why innocent and honest people suffering?
IF there is GOD then why murdered, corrupt are enjoying good life if our Law cannot Punish them IF there is GOD then why GOD don’t curse them with incurable cancer?
If there is GOD then, Why children and women dying in Afghanistan just because of some group of extreme Islamic radicals?
IF there is GOD then Why some moron barber animals in human body rape a 12 year old girl and alive?
IF there is GOD then why people a hardworking man with a 1 year old kid die with cancer and his parents perform cremation?
IF there is GOD then why people who torture their daughter in laws are living happily?
I could have been much better in my life if My mother would had professional education , whenever I see that moron in our maternal village who didn’t let attend school to any Brahmin girl in village because teacher was not Brahmin I burn out in anger , frustration and haltered .
How can that bastard be most respected man of Village?
There are no dearth of if GOD is there then why .......

May be we have understood the idea of GOD in a different direction. We have been conditioned with the theory that GOD will do this, GOD will do that .Why GOD will do anything for us?

GOD is in the most beautiful acts from where life moves ahead.
GOD lives in mother when she feed her child the first food of life.
GOD lives in father when he hold finger of kid and support him in his first walk.
GOD lives in a brother who leave chocolate for younger brother and sister.
GOD lives in a sister when she fights with mom to not punish her Brother.
GOD lives in a Student when they keep awake to study when other people are enjoying inn their comforts
GOD lives in a felling to take stand what is right .
GOD lives in a will to say no to inhumane things and practices.
GOD lives in an act to support the human being and nature that cannot raise their voice.
GOD lives in a will to move on however horrible and terrible it was.
GOD lives in Humans.
 Religion is a way to reach GOD. It
 is about the conflicts with in you and outside you. When Aruba was puzzled with the internal conflicts Krishna told him that your Karma is your religion .Religion is to be firm when we know what is right but we sway from it under pressure of external issues .Religion is for humankind, Human Kind is not for religion .All these rituals and acts are symbols they are in religion, but religion is not in the rituals and show off.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment